Creating the likeness of an individual, without the users consent

Hello All.

I want to understand if I need to copyright my personal data, such as my facial characteristics or voice, before uploading it to the internet, or if it is immediately considered my own personal property when I upload it on my profile, and if altering my data without my knowledge is that considered a crime?

It is not essential that modified data defames me. However, I believe it would be deemed identity theft, even if the changed data was shared publicly on the internet, such as for the purpose of satire, will it?

I want to understand if I need to copyright my personal data, such as my facial characteristics or voice, before uploading it to the internet, or if it is immediately considered my own personal property when I upload it on my profile, and if altering my data without my knowledge is that considered a crime?

Interesting question. I am making some assumptions here, so feel free to contradict me. When one uploads any data to a website(say social media), you are agreeing to abide by their Terms of Service and User Agreement. Depending on what is in the ToS and the agreement, you are basically agreeing to whatever it is they intend to do with such data. Would a copyright then take priority over these agreements from a legal sense?

It is not essential that modified data defames me. However, I believe it would be deemed identity theft, even if the changed data was shared publicly on the internet, such as for the purpose of satire, will it?

Again, would sharing your data as per ToS and data policies agreed upon while using said website or app, be a violation of this? These are interesting questions that you pose. I am not a lawyer, but would love to hear from the lawyers.