TRAI’s final roadmap for connectivity and broadband access is a mixed bag #AccessToInternet

After multiple rounds of consultation, the TRAI released its final recommendations on the Roadmap to promote broadband connectivity and enhanced broadband speed. Some of the recommendations we had made during the consultations were reflected in the final report, albeit with certain modifications.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://internetfreedom.in/trais-final-roadmap-for-connectivity-and-broadband-access-a-mixed-bag-accesstointernet/

(Unless terminology has changed since I retired from active RnD a few years ago), “little b” is for bit and “big B” is for byte and 1 Byte = 8 bits. Download/Upload speeds are stated in “bits/sec” not “Bytes/sec”. Please check and correct social media posts accordingly, i.e., Broadband is 2Mbps NOT 2 MBps (BTW, “big M” is Mega, i.e., million).
PS. If I am incorrect, please do respond here. One is never too old to learn!!
@Rohin_Garg @Krishnesh

1 Like

Thank you sir! We will make this correction! It’s such a pleasure to have an engaged community to help guide us and help us retain accuracy.

It is my pleasure to contribute in whatever small way I can. I really appreciate the effort put in by you and the entire IFF team, to defend and advance our digital rights in the current hostile environment. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you so much! The typo on the blog has been corrected, and we will definitely keep this in mind moving ahead.

1 Like