Unusually high number of system emails

Hello people,

I truly hope you all are well.

I have enabled mailing list mode of the IFF forum. Usually, I get any new replies to topics I follow or new topics created.
But today for some reason the ‘system’ is showing some particular affinity and my mailbox is flooded with 60+ emails. O_o

Just wanted to ask if this is a new feature and/ or if anyone else is facing the same.

2 Likes

Yes, looks like automated cross-posting from their website. Blocking the `IFF Updates’ tag should fix this.

@moderators This spams both the front page & mailboxes, maybe move it under it’s own section (blocked for all by default) or somehow don’t show it in frontpage? To new visitors the forum looks like a comments section for posts on website.

1 Like

Yup, I’ve now muted #iff-updates for everyone temporarily till all the posts have been cross-posted and other discussions are not disrupted. It’s nice to have the posts here though so I’ll unmute the category in a week or so 2020-07-07T18:30:00Z

2 Likes

Thank you @Gyan_Tripathi for this useful feedback. We would hate for the forum emails to add to your cognitive load! @rishabh thank you so much for stepping in so promptly!

2 Likes

Thank you @rishabh! But won’t unmuting them bring them back again on the main page?

2 Likes

It will but hopefully by then, the updates would have stopped coming in and would be reasonably interleaved with the other topics. For now, the new and the old posts are still pouring in so we could wait for it to complete :thinking:

1 Like

The old topics are still pouring in, I’m guessing that it’ll take 2 weeks more at the current rate before I can unmute it? In the meantime, I’ll check if there’s a way to speed this up :snail:

Thanks so much Rishabh! :slight_smile:

1 Like

During a random check, I saw that the blog posts have been migrated :tada:

I’ve un-muted that category now so that we’re in the loop and are able discuss the blog posts in each topic. If anyone still wants to mute that category, head over to https://forum.internetfreedom.in/c/iff-updates/6 and change your tracking level for it:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.