Webinar | When Voluntary Becomes Mandatory: Is Aarogya Setu Another Aadhaar? | May 08, 2020, 6:00 PM IST

Webinar hosted by Internet Freedom Foundation and LiveLaw

What can the Aadhaar experience teach us about the Indian Government’s latest tryst with techno-solutionism in the form of Aarogya Setu?

Join IFF staffer, Devdutta Mukhopadhyay for a discussion with Vrinda Bhandari, Gautam Bhatia and Suhrith Parthasarthy about the risk of exclusion, function creep and mass surveillance posed by Aarogya Setu, and find out how similar concerns about the Aadhaar project were handled by the government and judiciary in the past.

Date: Friday, May 08, 2020

Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM

Register here: bit.ly/2WrUycx

3 Likes

Hi, I am unable to register to seminar with the link provided above, can someone help me out? Thank you.

Hi Farkha,
I am totally against the Aarogya setu app and the privacy threats it posses. But some of my IT peers are convinved that this app is only for tracing the infected and tested people.
Here is the link which says, that the app builders have fixed some of the bugs and it is now safe to use it. https://medium.com/@fs0c131y/aarogya-setu-the-story-of-a-failure-3a190a18e34

Can anyone explain, is it legit or its just another way to trick common man into downloading the app?

1 Like

Hello! We received an overwhelming response for the webinar and registrations were full within a couple of hours. So we had to close registrations. We’ll be recording the webinar and will upload it so those of you who couldn’t make it can view it later! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would not use it. They say many things then change later. Anything for surveillance is bad news

1 Like

Hey!

Will the recording be uploaded on YouTube?

1 Like

Hey Harshit, we’ll upload it by the end of next week. We’ll share it with all of you on the forum as well once it’s up.

1 Like

Hi. It’s not there on Youtube. Please upload.

Hello! We’re facing a few issues with video conversions on BBB. But we’re figuring it out and will post the link here as soon as it’s up! Shouldn’t be much longer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the recorded video to the webinar - When Voluntary Becomes Mandatory: Is Aarogya Setu Another Aadhaar?

We are sorry for the delay in the upload. Please ignore any recording glitches you might notice in the video. This was our first attempt at using a secure calling tool Big Blue Button to host a webinar. We are improving and striving to get better everyday with your support!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

We encourage you to share the video, and comment and give us feedback on how we can do better.

Help us to continue our fight for privacy and protecting your digital rights. Support us by becoming a member with IFF today!

it is absolutely wonderful to know that the webinar was attempted through Big Blue Button (name says it all) and it was definitely a great effort for first time…though I wouldn’t know how the live audience felt. Is IFF hosting a BBB instance? I hope future webinars give a chance to work out whatever rough edges were encountered…

Hey Debapriyo! @Shivani is looking for some tech help here! Kinda Urgent Tech Help! Livestream BBB to YouTube