#3 Cybersec Charcha: Conflicts, Nation-States, and Cybercrime (+ some interesting reading material!)

Hey everyone, as you might already know IFF has started a monthly digital security newsletter called Cybersec Charcha! You can subscribe here to receive the monthly newsletter in your inboxes. If there’s any feedback you have or anything you’d like me to cover in the next edition, drop me a line!

Yesterday I published the third edition of the newsletter which focussed on the growing role of Nation State Threat Actors in conducting cyberattacks. You can read the entire post here:

And if you enjoyed reading this and want to know more about the utterly crazy stuff that nation state actors have done, I’ve got you covered! I’m linking a few more articles below that I came across while doing my research but couldn’t include in the post.

The Bangladesh Bank Heist:

When Russia Hacked into the Olympics:

When NSA and their zero day ‘stockpiling’ practices led to devastating consequences:

And lastly, how countries are using the Covid-19 pandemic to increasingly surveil their citizens: